Difference between revisions of "Skills"

From Tenebrae
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 1: Line 1:

=Core=

=Core=
To view the list of skills in Pathfinder Core, please see the [http://www.pathfinderreference.com/skills/skills.htm Skills section of the PRD]. Also, as a reminder? Diplomacy is not mind control, nor is it an auto-win, nor an everyone-automagically-loves-me...just as a minmaxed Perception will not mean you see everything. To be a little more clear, sending in a +request with 'I roll my Diplohax' is less of a good idea than roleplay, particularly when combined with an In-Character tie. For example: 'I'm an Althean and attend the hospitals as part of my work with them. I would like to speak with the nurses there on the types of diseases they've seen occur because of the war.' Or, 'I would like to speak with the nurses in the Althean hospitals about the sorts of diseases they've run into because of the war.' Diplomacy also isn't instant adoration--it could just be skill at regaining some ground because the PC continually screws up.
+
To view the list of skills in Pathfinder Core, please see the [http://www.pathfinderreference.com/skills/skills.htm Skills section of the PRD]. Also, as a reminder? Diplomacy is not mind control, nor is it an auto-win, nor an everyone-automagically-loves-me...just as a minmaxed Perception will not mean you see everything. To be a little more clear, sending in a +request with 'I roll my Diplohax' is less of a good idea than roleplay, particularly when combined with an In-Character tie. For example: 'I'm an Althean and attend the hospitals as part of my work with them. I would like to speak with the nurses there on the types of diseases they've seen occur because of the war.' Or, 'I would like to speak with the nurses in the Althean hospitals about the sorts of diseases they've run into because of the war.' Diplomacy also isn't instant adoration--it could just be increased skill at regaining some ground because the PC continually screws up worse and worse.

{{TableMain}}

{{TableMain}}

Revision as of 05:51, 1 July 2012

Core

To view the list of skills in Pathfinder Core, please see the Skills section of the PRD. Also, as a reminder? Diplomacy is not mind control, nor is it an auto-win, nor an everyone-automagically-loves-me...just as a minmaxed Perception will not mean you see everything. To be a little more clear, sending in a +request with 'I roll my Diplohax' is less of a good idea than roleplay, particularly when combined with an In-Character tie. For example: 'I'm an Althean and attend the hospitals as part of my work with them. I would like to speak with the nurses there on the types of diseases they've seen occur because of the war.' Or, 'I would like to speak with the nurses in the Althean hospitals about the sorts of diseases they've run into because of the war.' Diplomacy also isn't instant adoration--it could just be increased skill at regaining some ground because the PC continually screws up worse and worse.

Available Profession Skills
Airman Apothecary Astrologer Boater
Bookkeeper Brewer Cook Driver
Gambler Farmer Fisher Guide
Herbalist Innkeeper Lumberjack Machinist
Merchant Miller Miner Porter
Rancher Sailor Scribe Siege Engineer
Stablehand Tanner Teacher Teamster
Woodcutter

House

House Skills
Skill Description
Craft/Artifice Your skill in using and understanding the mysteries of artifice. This implies knowledge as well as use. For a while, this was almost +perform/artifice.
Knowledge/Military Theory Knowledge of military tactics and the ways of war.
Profession/Airman Knowledge of and a history of working with airships.
Craft/Gunsmithing Knowledge of and the ability to craft one of the newer, more unpredictable weapons in the world.
Check: A character may repair a single firearm he or she is currently wielding with a Craft/Gunsmithing check, as long as that condition was gained by a firearm misfire. A DC 10 check allows them to repair a gun with the broken condition as a standard action. A DC 20 may be done as a move.